Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Next, Please

I'm done with that story I was writing before the year was over (for Nate). The story sort of sucks. No really, it does. So when I say I'm "done" with it, I mean I'm done looking at it, not that it's in some sort of completed form. BUT it served a purpose in that it got me back into the habit of writing and the next thing I started working on I have loved, yes loved. It's been a joy to write and will hopefully continue to be that way. I'm so excited for it. I can hardly wait to finish it. Too bad there is this thing called work that keeps getting in the way. So it goes.

That doesn't really do much for this blog, in fact the story has horded much of my creative energies and feelings. So here's a song I've been listening to a lot lately. Around 2:45 it becomes glorious. I wonder how much of my enjoyment of the song is due to the fact that I'm twenty-nine, like when a song mentions your name you some how feel more connected to it (even though the writer/singer doesn't know a thing about you).

You know I've dreamed about you, for twenty-nine years
before I saw you
You know I dreamed about you
I've missed you for twenty-nine years

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad for the blog, but there's nothing like when a story takes over your life. And by reading what I have of yer story, I'd say it's worth it. And when you're done you can post it here in little serial installments and won't that be exciting?