Friday, July 23, 2010

A Preference

When Robyn first got pregnant and people asked if we wanted a boy or girl I would honestly answer that I didn't have a preference. But in unidentifiable ways that has changed over the last nine months; I've slowly changed to have a preference. I can't explain it exactly, but it's somehow wrapped up in this:

Having been to my fair share of weddings I've seen this moment many times, where the father of the bride stands up and talks about his daughter, and at that moment his love for her becomes this living breathing palpable thing in the reception hall, and everyone there is better because of it. I want to be that guy someday.

2 comments:

Robyn Kessler said...

I want to be married to that guy always.

Heather said...

Awwwww. Girls are awesome. You're going to be a great dad Shawn.